Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Then What? (Thoughts From the Treadmill, Part III)

Today as I cruised along on the treadmill, I started thinking...

What will my next degree be in? After CRNA school I mean.

I came down to just a couple of possibilities, either meteorology (so I can go storm chase) or enology & viticulture (so I can make wine). Maybe both at some point.

That will be my 6th (and possibly 7th) degree(s).

Of course a degree in literature might be nice one day...

BS in Biology, May 2001
BS in Human Anatomy, December 2007
Doctorate of Chiropractic, December 2007
BS in Nursing, December 2010
Doctorate of Nursing Practice & CRNA, December 2014?

Then what?

(That shrieking sound, by the way, is my wife cursing under her breath...)

5 comments:

  1. Nice pretty impressive. Maybe you can become a vet while you're at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we say $$$? Unless of course, you are independently wealthy then...WTH you wanting to work for? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a long list of BS ;-)

    If it were economically viable, I'd pursue degrees indefinitely. I love learning. And I have more educational goals...but....right now, just working is sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I am too close to retirement to think of anything but just keeping up with the changes in nursing practice.....
    But good for you! I am all for education. Too bad there isn't a way to make money at it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weirdly, I get this. I'm already envisioning my masters in nursing....

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to make a note in the chart. (Of course, please avoid any unapproved or unsafe abbreviations.)