Monday, November 15, 2010

And So I Wait.

And I pray.

A lot.

The interview went really well. But then so did my interview with Level II.

Gargantuan Hospital seems much more focused on excellence though. Several times throughout the interview it was reiterated to me how challenging this particular unit would be. They explained that the level of knowledge required of me by the critical care internship as a whole (meaning the mutual classes with the interns from the other ICUs as well) would not be sufficient for the CVICU. I would be held to a much higher standard. I was told that it would be starkly obvious if I did not study, and that I would be sent home if not prepared.

I said, "Bring it on."

With what I hope was a charmingly crooked smile and a gleam in my eye.

Their warnings only served to whet my appetite. I want it now more than ever.

As soon as I got home I wrote out a thank you card and popped it in the mail. It's the first time I've felt compelled to do so.

They gave me no time frame of when they'll be making a decision.

And so I wait.

And I pray.

A lot.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go man. Keep the confidence high, as I would bet you can deliver. Personally, your goals are being met, and professionally you've got what it takes. Keep moving forward XY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know what you think you want in nursing tends to change w/experience. Give yourself a taste of diff areas of ICU, specially if the hospital where you're precepting is giant like you say. Transplant is unique. Soak in the nursing of it and the psych-social side of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...tick...tick...tick...any day now and you should hear. Keep busy doing other things so you don't drive yourself crazy...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to make a note in the chart. (Of course, please avoid any unapproved or unsafe abbreviations.)