Monday, November 15, 2010

The Night Before

My interview is bright and early in the morning. I'll be up to get ready well before the sun comes up, even with the recent time change.

I'm nervous and anxious.

Mostly I'm just contemplative. It's been such a long and tortuous journey to get here. And now I stand at the foot of the mountain of my goal. This position I'm interviewing for really is my dream job. It's the.position I would have turned down any other offer to take.

Part of me wonders if that's not the reason I've had the disappointments and frustrations up until this point.

I really don't know what I'm going to do if I don't get this job. It's unthinkable at this point. I must really keep my mind on the positive and the potential.

I should try to sleep now.

Most of you won't read this until I'm already in with the lions. Please send me a prayer or a good thought. It would mean a great deal to me.

11 comments:

  1. Good luck!

    (If you don't get this job, there will be others. It probably doesn't seem like that now, but it's true. Of course, it's not even going to be an issue because OBVIOUSLY you will get this one, but you get my point.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo how did it go? Do you feel it went well? I'm sure bar none that this is where you should be. Good going for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes my friend :) I have all my phalanges crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please keep us updated, I hope you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! Good thoughts and hope going your direction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good vibes being sent your way! Hope they get there on time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck to you. I'm sure you'll do just fine.

    I remember how nervous I was for my job interviews. I was so prepared. I researched likely interview questions, I wrote out my answers, rehersed them, and sure enough I got asked every single one of them. I was never caught off guard, and I got an offer on every job I applied for.

    Be yourself, be friendly, be interested in not only the job, but the company that you will hopefully be working for. YOU need to be grilling the interviewer as well. They dig that shit.

    Good luck! May the force be with you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to make a note in the chart. (Of course, please avoid any unapproved or unsafe abbreviations.)