Thursday, October 14, 2010

Little Bear

One of the great things about being a parent is the tv you get to watch.

Oh sure, point and laugh if you want, but don't knock it until you've seen a few episodes. Shows like Little Bill, Max & Ruby, and Curious George tend to be extremely well written, and a real pleasure to watch with my kids.

However, my very favorite show to watch with my little ones is Little Bear, based on the children's books.

I love the animation. I love the scenery. I love the classical soundtrack that plays in the background. I love the wholesome themes, and the promotion of strong family values.

But most of all I love the sentimentality and the melancholy just at the edge of each storyline. You can feel it in the the tightness in your throat as the storyline whisks you away to the sweet goodness of all that was right with childhood.

Even if you don't have young children brightening your home, take a moment and watch an episode of Little Bear.

Your heart will be better for it.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, the funny thing is, is that it used to be one of my favorites when I was little :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to watch Little Bear--that is one we've missed and it's been referenced a few places as being good.

    Curious George stresses me out. I could not handle that much calamity. I would have a stroke. The one episode where he's trying to swap to get the cart (I think it was) back, was too much for me.

    Okay, yes, I completely suspend disbelief even for children's cartoons and am dork. There's a reason I don't watch scary movies.

    My favorite right now is Word World (phonics and very gentle cooperative story lines with singing)and Pocoyo.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blues Clues were my kids' favorite (With Steve not Joe), and Telly Tubbies (sp?)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to make a note in the chart. (Of course, please avoid any unapproved or unsafe abbreviations.)