Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Level II Back to Square I

Well I submitted my previous post too quickly.

I got another call from the CVICU this afternoon. They canceled my interview.

They are apparently converting their internship program to a critical care residency. Residents rotate through the 5 ICUs over 6 months. At the end of the residency the residents rank the units, and the units rank the residents. Then they have a big match day.

It's a pretty cool idea. However...

I'm bummed for a couple reasons.

A.) All applicants for the ICU internships will now be considered for the residency. Including the ones I've already beaten out just to get a CVICU interview. Everyone is back in the game. *Sigh*

B.) Interviews will now be conducted by nursing admin and the nurse education dept. This means I'm losing the advantage I've created for myself in wooing the unit managers. A bunch of hard work down the drain. It may pay off in unit match day, but only if I manage to land the residency in the first place. *Sigh*

The other super annoying thing is they've told us they have no idea when they'll start interviewing.

Back to waiting.

2 comments:

Feel free to make a note in the chart. (Of course, please avoid any unapproved or unsafe abbreviations.)