Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Whisper in the Night

I scarcely even dare utter this aloud, for fear of reversing the trend. Heaviest at 284 lbs, after we started running regularly I settled maddeningly at 276-278. I couldn't break below that no matter how hard I ran.

This evening, before I got in the shower, I stepped on the scale, and ladies & gentleman, I am currently 265.4.

The slow and steady decline started about the same time I started my prescription. Coincidence? Maybe. It also started about the time I stepped up my workouts.

If I had to guess, I'd probably say it's the meds taking an edge off my compulsive emotional eating, combined with the more intense workouts.

Whatever it is, I'm praying it continues. If I rebound again, I'm going to be devastated.

5 comments:

  1. Good for u!!! Carry on!! :) High 5s on both the meds working and the weight coming off... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the work, and the self-control techniques man. It'll end up being worth the self-doubt. And the longer life span, within a healthy context.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I totally understand the excitement seeing that scale move after having it stall out somewhere. It's almost like you have to take a double take to understand what just happened, but when it does boy how sweet it is! Enjoy your moment however you got to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CC: High 5!

    SP: That's the idea, see I've got these kids I'd like to hang out with for a few more years.

    ZE: Haha, it was a sweet moment, even called the wife in to see the scale, butt nekkid and hairy back be damned.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to make a note in the chart. (Of course, please avoid any unapproved or unsafe abbreviations.)