Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sonic, the Hedgehog

Every boy deserves a chance to wear a mohawk at some point in their lives. Probably earlier rather than sooner is the better choice. And so a few weeks ago, because it was time for a haircut anyway, I cut my son's hair into that familiar racing stripe down the middle. With my wife's full blessing I might add. His 3 year old sister refers to it not as a mohawk, but as a hedgehog. Which I find delightfully cute, and strangely accurate at the same time.

The reactions to his haircut have been interesting. It seems to bring a smile to most people's face. And those that know my boy realize just how well the haircut suits him. But strangely, there's been some people who have been oddly disapproving. I never expected that. I mean, what's cuter than a little tank of a boy with a mohawk?! Grandma for one was distressed.

"What did you do to his hair!?" she cried in consternation.

I imagine the next time he's shaggy enough for a trim, I'll buzz it away.

Until next summer.

8 comments:

  1. Very cute! I've gotta admit that I too was a parent that gave ugly looks when I saw children's hair this way, BEFORE I matured a bit. Now it's all good. My son is 10 and I still haven't tried the cut on him. Maybe this coming summer. I saw a kid on his softball team wearing one and I just had to laugh, because it totally fit the kids personality.
    PS, do you have any advice on how I can get more viewers for my blog? I don't think anyone is reading it, besides my family. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started building my blog list and started commenting on other blogs. I don't have a huge amount of traffic though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks I was just curious. Also do you know how to unfollow a blog? I followed a few blogs that haven't been active much and once you follow someone I'm not seeing it as an option to not follow them anymore. Can you help me with that one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't use the follow function, but surely there's a spot to delete them? Did you try right clicking?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nurse XY: you are a very talented writer.Pithy stuff. :) You are definitely on MY list .... And what a cute little guy you have. I for one, love that little hedgehog...cute name for the cut! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried it all, and still nothing. So word to the wise don't follow someone unless you really want to follow them. All this to say I'm not talking about you, just some others I chose to follow and can't stop following. What are ya gonna do?? Thanks for your help anyway XY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zazzy: go to your Dashboard. Click on Manage which is at the bottom of your reading list...under the blogs you are "following". Click on "settings" to the right of the blog you wish to delete. Click on "stop following this site". Click on confirming "stop following". The blog will disappear and you will find yourself at the Managing page. ;) I hope u aren't trying to delete me...because if you are...I take it all back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh oh oh it totally worked thanks a bunch CC. I haven't started following you yet, but I will now that you have given me the knowledge to get rid of the other blogs I'm not interested in anymore. Woo hoo, oh and thanks XY for being the hub for all the information to flow around in.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to make a note in the chart. (Of course, please avoid any unapproved or unsafe abbreviations.)