Saturday, September 4, 2010

Thoughts From the Treadmill

While I run, my mind tends to wander, which can be a good thing most days. Sometimes though, I find myself thinking about the oddest things.

For example, I recently found myself wondering how many calories I expend per day growing body hair. I mean, I'm a pretty hairy guy, and though I work hard to keep myself manscaped, I am at that age where the back hair has started sprouting up. And I hate it. I imagine I'll probably have laser hair removal at some point.

But then I stopped to think, if I kill off my back hair, am I going to gain a bunch of weight? Will those back-hair calories be then diverted to my growing mid-section? Is body hair actually a calorie blow-off valve?

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha, what on earth! I think you must be tired to be thinking all of those strange things in your brain. Be grateful for the body God gave you, at least your healthy for the most part. Right...? My hubby has that problem starting on his back too, I try to pluck them. Maybe give your wife the tweezers and bite down on something while she goes at it. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, the sprouting bh is no biggie...just keeping a tie on the regular everyday stuff is enough to ask. If you pass a certain point, you can never go back...Keep it up man, and keep workin. Men need good representation in the nursing field regardless of fuzziness...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra-

    I fat-fingered your comment, and accidently deleted it. I appreciate your sentiment though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Love the thinking.

    Since I'm losing my hair...I haven't noticed any accelerated weight gain or weight loss.

    But I'm probably not as hairy as you.

    M

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to make a note in the chart. (Of course, please avoid any unapproved or unsafe abbreviations.)