Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Prayers for a Sweet, Sweet Friend

Many of you that read this blog also read Running Wildly. She is absolutely one of my very favorite bloggers that I've had the pleasure to read.

Her quiet encouragement at just the right times--a small comment on a post of mine, or a timely post of her own on a very pertinent subject--have helped sustain me, lift me, and carry me through nursing school.

The amazing weight-loss journey I've been on? Inspired by her as she coached and coaxed friends of hers to run a 10K with her. Then she stayed involved even after a training-ending injury, even showing up on race day to cheer on her friends. She is the reason I stepped onto the treadmill that first time however many hundreds of miles ago now.

I love her for the way she lives with wild abandon, Running Wildly through life as a child of God. I love her because of the way she loves her husband and her gorgeous children. I love the way she fairly radiates pure, unadulterated "nurseness". She is all that is right about the nursing profession. She is one of the good guys.

But now she is facing excruciatingly scary news. And in the face of horridly fearful news she speaks of God's glory, and God's plan, and her faith.

Please, if can spare even a small quiet moment, send a prayer up for RW. I would appreciate it, and I know that she would as well.

RW, even though we've never met, please know that you've been an integral part of my nursing school experience. Thank you so very much for everything. I think you're an amazing person!

8 comments:

  1. Bawling my face off here. Oh my goodness. I am giving you a big, huge, virtual hug right now. Thank you so much for this post. I am humbled and honored that you would do this for me. I am moved beyond words.
    Yes, although we have never met, you are my friend. Yes, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. She will be lifted up with prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers sent for you RW and your fam. I'm hoping it is only a "scare" and nothing more girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. RW: {{{hugs}}}

    RNR & RP, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nurse XY, you prove over and over to be a good-hearted man and I'm glad we bumped into each other out here in the cyber world. I'll be praying for Running Wildly during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even still, after over a year this post still makes me cry. Thank you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to make a note in the chart. (Of course, please avoid any unapproved or unsafe abbreviations.)