Monday, June 7, 2010

Rejected, Officially

From my inbox:
Thank you for applying for the Summer 2010 Student Nurse Extern Program. We have filled all of our allotted positions and cannot accommodate you this summer. We appreciate your interest as well as your talent and skills. We had a record number of qualified applicants.

If you graduate December 2011 or later we would be glad to consider you for the program next summer.

Please keep in mind that [our hospital] has an excellent Graduate Nurse Intern Program. We train new graduate nurses in many pediatric specialty areas. We interview for this program in Feb/March for May graduates and October/November for December graduates. Please apply through our online application system during this open window.

Best wishes to you as you continue in your nursing program.
I have to say that while it is nice to finally get an official confirmation of my rejection, I had figured that out on my own given that the program started June 1st.

Just to be sure I understood that they didn't want me, they sent me the rejection email 3 times.

And yet, I'll probably still be applying for their "excellent Graduate Nurse Intern Program" in October. Sigh.

Meanwhile nurseXX's unit (my dream unit) just hired 5 GN's, NOT from their intern program. Double sigh.

5 comments:

  1. AAAAHHHHH *hug* I got rejected for my internship too... I also ended up deducing that fact on my own.

    Here's hoping you get the most baddest ass-est internship possible on the next go-round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh darn. Sorry to hear! Hopefully better luck next time! Is there a chance anywhere else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear it.
    At it's now "official" though - LOL

    I tell ya, there is some weird stuff going on with hiring and recruiting these days.

    I can't believe some of the people that were selected for the PNA program near me. Even one of our clinical instructors went in to the recruiters and told them "What the **** were you thinking?!?" :)

    I do know that the nurse recruiters I've dealt with are absolutely rude and unprofessional. Some of the worst I've dealt with...and I've been in business for over 30 years.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to make a note in the chart. (Of course, please avoid any unapproved or unsafe abbreviations.)