Friday, June 18, 2010

Miss Maggie

Well, Maggie came home yesterday, the perfect birthday/anniversary/Father's Day present for me. She's as sweet as can be, and great with the kids. I'd gotten so many warnings about how strong of a personality Scottie's have, and how we should think twice about getting one with children. So far she's been fantastic with them. I just don't see it being an issue. The kids know they're to be gentle with her, and she rewards them all with many kisses.
Last night she started the night in her crate, and did a really great job. She fell asleep and stayed quiet until about 2:30 am, when she woke up. I took her outside and she did her business like a big girl. When we came back in, she was much less of a fan of the crate. And being the militant hard-ass that I am, she ended up sleeping at the foot of the bed. Sacked out. Curled up against my legs. Oh, who am I kidding. I'm a huge softie, alright? What of it!
She's doing pretty well at potty training. She's had a couple of accidents which is to be expected, but she's been courteous enough to do it on the tile floor in our bathroom. Easy, easy clean up. We had our vet visit this morning, and it turns out she's got ear mites. Pretty common, and a fairly easy treatment. Ear drops every other day for 3 weeks to make sure we get all the eggs too. Other than that she's in perfect health it seems. The entire vet office staff fell in love with her.
Our contract with the breeder has a 72 hour return policy, so I asked the vet if there was any reason why I should return her. She said, "No, but if you decide to, call me first!" I don't think so, we love our Maggie-girl already!

3 comments:

  1. How completely adorable! My aunt and uncle had a Scottie when I was growing up and I forgot how cute they are! I'll definitely be adding them to the list. =]

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to make a note in the chart. (Of course, please avoid any unapproved or unsafe abbreviations.)