Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Upswing

I told myself I wouldn't be *that* blogger that disappeared when my internship started. But it would appear that I kind of am, since I'm typing this on my phone from the comfort of my bed. Alarm is set for the ass crack of dawn, I've been home for less than an hour.

Tonight my unit hosted a meet and greet in honor of us interns. It was truly a good time. From the comfort of the laughter and the warm glow of newly kindled friendships, it was easy to realize I very definitely made the right choice in holding out for this position. Everyone was so eager to give encouragement and advice for getting through the internship.

The internship is straight up legit. They are not messing around. The pace is not dissimilar to trying to drink from a fire hose. I am confident that I'll be successful, but I have no doubt I will be stretched to my limits. My capacity for absorbing knowledge will be tested. I cannot even imagine attempting this without the experience I already have. I can't imagine it would be anything but painful.

Just wanted everyone to know I'm alive, and doing well.

6 comments:

  1. I miss hearing/reading your stories! But I am so glad that things are working out for you! Dont work too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One step at a time and one drink at a time, you'll get there. Sounds like you really made the right decision and are feeling comfortable.

    Thanks for the update and just enjoy the stories you have time to read on all of our blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent news, glad you're keeping your head above water :)

    I hope you've had time to hit the gym - I've found immensely soothing after someone spends a day dropping knowledge bombs on me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You slacker.
    There is no excuse.

    That is all.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear things are going well, NurseXY. And I think I may be guilty of that whole *MIA when life starts to happen*-thing. Opps.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to make a note in the chart. (Of course, please avoid any unapproved or unsafe abbreviations.)