Friday, July 30, 2010

Out-Shouted

Rules are as follows:

A.) Thank the blogger that gave you the award.

B.) Sum up your blogging philosophy, motivation, experience using 10 words. (Haha, you know me much better than that.)

C.) Pass the award on to 10 other blogs you feel have substance.

Sum up my blogging philosphy? Goodness. I try not to travel through life without taking something important away from each and every day. Writing helps me organize those thoughts. I often don't quite know exactly how I feel about something until I've put together a post about it. It's a wonderful creative outlet for me--and surprisingly other people seem to enjoy reading it from time to time. Thanks to all who visit!

1.) New Nurse In The Hood was so kind to select me as a "blog of substance". Thank you NNITH! The feeling is mutual, so I'll have to say her blog is the first of my 10 picks also. She curses like a sailor nurse--and who doesn't love a good potty mouth?! More importantly her care and concern for her patients fairly oozes off the page. She calms my fears that it is indeed possible to survive the first year of practice after school with a sense of humor and curmudgeon tendencies intact.

2.) Running Wildly is quite simply, my hero. An experienced nurse, her comments bring validation, and sometimes gently set me in my place. Her integrity and honesty is so transparent in every post, it's little wonder that her blog is loved by many. She and her husband make pretty babies too. She's about to return to work following maternity leave--stop by and wish her luck!

3.) Nurse J and I have much in common. It's so awesome to find kindred spirits through nothing more than posting my silly ramblings on the interwebs. The real deal ICU nurse fighting the good fight. Go check out his writing, he's got some good stuff.

4.) Man Nurse Diaries is a great little place to hang out. He speaks with wisdom that belies his relatively short nursing career. And the man is unabashedly passionate about birth, children, nursing in general. He's also been greatly supportive of me as a man in the nursing profession. Thanks bud!

5.) Asystole is the Most Stable Rhythm is a great blog written by straight up legit nurse taking names and slapping asses in medical school. I love reading about her exploits (especially when she shows up her hotshot med-student classmates--a favorite hobby of mine). While reading her posts, I can't help but feeling like I may some day end up down the same road...

6.) Adventures of Student RN Tiffany is the blog of a dear friend that I feel like I've been through it all from the start of nursing school with. She's an amazing woman, and an inspiration. She's currently on a short hiatus from school while she ventures into beautiful motherhood, but the sooner she returns to the nursing field the better for all patients everywhere.

7.) KLS, Student Nurse, well she's no student nurse anymore, she's graduated. Better yet, she's got a job! Another pal that I've followed from the start of nursing school.

8.) Head Nurse--it just doesn't get much better than this. So much nursing experience--is it possible to feel mentored over the 'net? Delightfully sarcastic. And I eat that crap up. Check her out if you haven't already.

9.) Raspberry Stethoscope is a blog that I just recently found. She's an ICU nurse. She's headed for advanced practice. She's also a runner. Do we see a pattern here?

10.) Life According to Candace is a great read. Candace has all the delicacy of a fine bottle of Thunderbird. What she concedes in social tact she makes up for in humor. You will laugh. Hard.

There are so many more great blogs out there--many of which are in my blog list in the right sidebar. So get to clickin'!

What...you're still here!??

2 comments:

  1. aw shucks. (blushing, goggle-snort)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, thanks for the shout out. I wouldn't really call myself a "runner." I am being forced to run since i want to do a tri. whether i stick with it is questionable!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to make a note in the chart. (Of course, please avoid any unapproved or unsafe abbreviations.)