Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day

In the dawn's early light, my son and I greet the day together. He sits in my lap, head back against my shoulder, his small hand grasping my thumb, pulling my arm protectively across him like security blanket. We sit quietly on the couch, the dog snuggled up against us. BBC America is on, and we're watching Top Gear--a fantastic episode about the Transfagarasan Highway in Romania. Jeremy drives an Aston Martin DBS Volante, James a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, and Richard drives a Ferrari California--cars that can only be described as works of art. And the stunning scenery is beautifully shot, as is par for this show.

It was a great father-son moment. And what's more American than a father, son and their Scottish dog watching a British show about 2 Italian cars and a British car, driving the most famous highway in Romania?

Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make a note in the chart. (Of course, please avoid any unapproved or unsafe abbreviations.)