Friday, July 2, 2010

Drowning Doesn't Look Like Drowning

I ran across this article on my internet travels and thought it was great.

It's summertime and a hot one at that. Unfortunately all too often, people and that cool inviting water just don't mix. Just this past week at my wife's work, 4 near drownings were admitted all 4 years old or younger.

As we tell our friends with kids--you don't want to visit my wife at work. By the time you get to see her, things are ugly and there's no guarantee they'll get better.

Anyway, here's the article:

Drowning Doesn't Look Like Drowning

1 comment:

  1. Yup. Didn't see too much movement when my aunt was in the process of drowning.....(i think u read my entry when i blogged on that one!) I worked with a Pediatric MD who loved to scuba dive. He was soaking his equipment in a barrel. He didn't think much about leaving it open....and didn't think that his 2 year old would fall into the barrel. He has to live with that memory of his little one drowning in the barrel...he never heard a thing...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to make a note in the chart. (Of course, please avoid any unapproved or unsafe abbreviations.)