Thursday, May 6, 2010

Clinically Excellent

Today I got an official looking envelope from ###CON in the mail. We're a CON now, instead of SON. They tell me it's a big honor. My tuition dollars hard at work--changing every bit of ###SON letterhead to ###CON.

But I digress.

Inside the envelope was an official looking letter informing me I'd been selected for a Clinical Excellence Award for my work in my Pediatrics clinical. It isn't some huge fantastic honor--I'll only get an official-looking cheesy certificate--but it is very nice to be recognized by the faculty for my hard work.

I was chosen last semester for the Clinical Excellence Award for my Psych clinical, but I didn't get the letter/invitation to the reception until the morning of, too late to arrange childcare. But not this semester. The reception is a week from tonight. I wonder if they'll be serving martinis now that we're the sophisticated ###CON?

I got shut out my Jr I semester because my clinical instructor couldn't decide between two of us. So she just told us both we *would* have won...

It's appropriate to send a shout-out to my wife who won a Clinical Excellence Award every semester she was in nursing school--the suck up. ;)

Of course when she went to our nursing school, it was still a SON, not a CON, so I think I've got her in the end.

9 comments:

  1. You are so funny! Congrats on the Clinical Excellence from your CON!!!! I am proud to have colleagues like you and Mrs. Drofen, however separated we are by space--though I was involved with a very nice man out in Southlake a couple months ago. :P I was out visiting at the end of February (AFTER the recordbreaking snow) - beginning of March and it was gorrrgeous!

    Ooookay done oversharing! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Congrats! It's always nice to be recognized for working hard. - even if it is just a cheesy certificate. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That's awesome.

    I was a member of honor societies in college. Same deal. It's just a piece of paper. But then when I graduated they started calling me to come back and do the initiations...in Latin, with candles and it just felt weird.

    At lease I assume your honors certs don't involve a cult?

    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea--wow! You should have let me know! Sorry you missed the snow, it was record-breaking, haha!!

    IJM--I agree, it really is a nice little award.

    POP--That's greatness, Latin, aye? No culting that I'm aware of, although this will be my first ceremony.

    SAMTNS--Thanks, 'preciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats because you ROCK! Please take pics at the celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and damn...that must be quite the rock star wife you have!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha grats. My school just upgraded itself from a College to a University. There was much pomp and celebration. My tuition dollars upgraded themselves too...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to make a note in the chart. (Of course, please avoid any unapproved or unsafe abbreviations.)